Extended Care in Long Beach, CA
Given the chronic, progressive nature of alcoholism and drug addiction, the only way to achieve lasting recovery is by adopting and implementing a new set of practices that help people recreate their lives. Of course, establishing these new habits takes time, and we know that the longer a person can take advantage of treatment, the more positive the outcome.
Many residents who have completed our 28-day Primary Care Program choose to enter our Extended Care Program, which occurs in 28-day segments. Residents typically remain in this level of care for 4-8 weeks, but many stay longer.
Extended Care Services
Our Extended Care Program is designed to build upon the knowledge and skills acquired during Primary Care. Extended Care Program residents can take advantage of the same programs and services offered in our Primary Care Program, including:
- Gender-specific programs
- Dual diagnosis
- Individual and group counseling
- 12-step meetings
- Life skills training
- Education and study sessions on topics including substance use and relapse prevention
- Recreation, fitness, yoga, meditation and spirituality groups
- Career and educational assistance
During this phase of treatment, residents are also encouraged to take on more responsibilities in their more “senior” roles and earn privileges through action that they can implement into their lives.
An Extended Care Program That Heals the Whole Person
Our Extended Care Program is fully customizable based on a resident’s unique needs. Each resident’s recovery plan comprises a combination of alternative and evidence-based clinical services to heal the whole person. Extended Care services encompass:
- Clinical services. Residents participate in individual and group therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy and 12-step groups.
- Physical and mental health. Programming focuses on strengthening the mind, body, spirit connection through outdoor recreational activities, fitness and yoga classes, meditation and spirituality groups.
- Life skills. Residents participate in activities that equip them with the practical skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in life after treatment, such as cooking, cleaning and personal care, as well as improving relationships, interpersonal communication and financial literacy.
Experience Addiction Recovery in Long Beach, CA
Permanent Recovery Is Possible
Lasting recovery from substance use disorder is achievable, and we have the staff and alumni network to prove it. If you’re ready to take the first step toward your best life, contact a New Found Life Admissions Specialist for more information about our programs and services.