Levels of Care
An Evidence-Based, Comprehensive Continuum of Care
At New Found Life, we recognize that recovery is a process, and we view treatment as a continuum of care that spans detox coordination, residential treatment and continuing care. The longer a person can engage in treatment, the stronger chance they have of lasting recovery.
Our programs are designed to meet clients wherever they are on their recovery journey. We provide our clients with the evidenced-based clinical therapies, practical life skills training, healthy coping strategies and complementary therapies that improve your understanding of the disease of addiction–and yourself.
The Primary Care Program at New Found Life is a 28-day program designed to introduce men and women to the 12-step program of Alcoholics Anonymous in a safe, supportive, gender-specific environment. This intensive program builds mental, emotional and physical well-being through psychiatric care, individual and group therapy, physical wellness and individualized attention.
Residents can fully immerse themselves in a drug and alcohol education and rehabilitation program with a clear mind, ready to understand the importance of what it takes to maintain a sober lifestyle, and work a program of recovery
Elements of our Primary Care Program include:
- Psychiatric care
- Individual & group counseling
- Individual & group therapy
- Education and study sessions
- Introduction to self-help groups, including mandatory attendance at daily 12-step meetings, meditation, book studies and in-house meetings
- Family Program
- Referrals to specialized counseling for trauma, eating disorders, sexual abuse, anger management
- Peer problem solving and discussion
- Life skills training
- Superior living accommodations
- 24-hour supervision
- Planned social and recreational activities
- House and personal anonymity
- Numerous local support meetings
Residents who complete our Primary Care Program transition into our Extended Care Program. This phase of treatment varies in length and occurs in 28-day segments. Residents usually participate in our Extended Care Program for 8-12 weeks. The program consists of counseling, education and training and 12-step meetings. Additionally, residents also take on more responsibilities and earn privileges they can implement into their daily lives.
New Found Life’s Outpatient Program is designed to provide treatment for those who have completed residential treatment and are looking for ongoing support in early recovery. Outpatient clients participate in programming designed specifically for their clinical needs.
Our Outpatient Program services include:
- Collaborative Treatment planning
- Case management
- Individual and group therapy
- Education and study sessions on recovery, substance abuse and relapse prevention
- Family support
- Random drug screenings
New Found Life’s Footsteps program is ideal for alumni who want an extended, but less intensive, level of active treatment. Footsteps is intended to fill the gap between intensive residential treatment and returning home. Residents live in supervised, gender-specific homes that help re-integrate residents back into the community while engaging in 12-step programming, therapy and other New Found Life services. Footsteps residents return to work or school and participate in our Outpatient Program while building upon the tools and skills they acquired during residential treatment.
Many New Found Life clients take advantage of our Transitional Living Services after completing our Residential Program. Some clients aren’t able to return to safe, sober home environments after treatment, or just want to continue building upon the progress they’ve made. Services include:
- Clean, safe, sober, gender-specific housing
- Supervised and structured living
- 12-step participation
- Random drug screenings
Substance use disorder is a disease that affects the entire family. At New Found Life, our Family Program is designed to give family members an opportunity to learn about the disease of addiction, what challenges their loved one is facing on a daily basis, and begin their own journey to healing. Features of our Family Program include:
- Multi-family groups
- Family counseling
- Equine Therapy
- Introduction to the 12-step program with family combined meetings
- Educational forum on recovery, substance abuse and relapse prevention with nationally recognized educators