Group counseling and psychotherapy involve at least one counselor or therapist treating more than one client at the same time. Group counseling and therapy offer several key advantages, including helping our clients understand that they face similar struggles and challenges.
New Found Life provides both psychodynamic and cognitive behavioral group counseling and therapy sessions seven to 10 times per week for population-specific groups including men, women, parents and job seekers. Therapy groups are only led by licensed therapists, and group counseling is led by drug and alcohol-certified counselors.
Group counseling and therapy topics include:
- Process groups
- Relapse prevention
- Education/didactic groups
- Body, mind, spirit
- Family groups
- 12-step groups
- Life skills
- Daily planning and goals group
- Weekly community meetings
Group counseling and therapy have specific benefits that make them highly effective in conjunction with individual counseling and therapy.
- Group counseling and therapy offer participants the opportunity to form strong bonds and to serve as a self-contained support network.
- Group counseling and therapy allow clients to experience very different viewpoints from their own, which can be valuable in helping them grow as individuals.
- Group counseling and therapy help people develop stronger communication skills, and teach them positive ways to express their emotions and handle criticism from others.
- Being open about your struggles and hearing from those who face similar challenges can be highly therapeutic.
- Group counseling and therapy provide a safe space for people who may otherwise be unwilling to talk about their feelings with others.
At New Found Life, we have successfully helped hundreds of adult men and women transition to a life of sobriety and personal responsibility with our nationally accredited, judgment-free programming. We take a comprehensive approach that addresses the underlying reasons for addiction and teaches our clients effective coping mechanisms. Get the help you need today by calling our admissions staff 24/7.